Friday, November 25, 2005

Spanish Tapas: Picaro

I visited Holly in her new apartment on Wednesday. After hanging out in her gorgeous Mission district apartment for a while, we walked out to find some place to eat. We stumbled upon Picaro and decided to feast there.

We ordered grilled artichokes, a red beet salad, grilled scallops, and grilled salmon. The grilled artichoke (accompanied by some light herby creamy sauce) was my favorite of the four. I can't say that they did anything particularly special to it, but I had never had grilled artichokes before, only boiled or steamed, and I am now a convert. Grilled is the way to go.

My second favorite dish was the grilled scallops with a side of spanish rice. The scallops were so juicy and favorful. For a split second, I thought about stealing Holly's skewer, but sanity prevailed, and I stopped myself from being a jerk over food. I save my jerkiness for other occasions. :D

The other two items were also very good. I had no complaints whatsoever. The food was prepared simply, with accompanying sauces that played the perfect supporting roles: not overwhelming the star but working to bring out the best in the main ingredients.

I would recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for high quality tapas with clean flavor lines.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with most of your points, but some need to be discussed further, I will hold a small discussion with my buddies and perhaps I will look for you some opinion soon.

- Henry

4:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love browsing your website for the reason that you can always bring us fresh and cool things, I think that I must at least say a thank you for your hard work.

- Rob

2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home