Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Shan Dong

We've had hand-made noodle dishes delivered from Shan Dong Mandarin Restaurant before, but today was the first time we got their specialty: Special Shan Dong Dumplings. They are 10 for $6.95 and are served with a very delicious soy, vinegar, garlic, red pepper sauce.

I LOVED THEM. I am still drooling. They are very rustic-looking; I'd post a pic but all the flickr ones have restrictive copyrights, so I don't want to post them. The first few matches from a search are the correct dumplings though, so you can see them there.

I also learned that Shan Dong cuisine is the variant to Chinese cuisine that crossed over into Korea, so jjajangmyun (zhia jiang mien) and cham pong (chao mao?) are originally Shan Dong dishes. Koreans also inherited gganpoonggi (sort of a sweet and sour chicken or shrimp dish) from Shan Dong.

I wish to have about 2 dozen of those dumplings. Right now. I think these are my favorite type of dumplings now, after xiao long bao (Shanghai soup dumplings).

Extra bonus is that they always deliver within 30 minutes. Even when they tell me it'll be 45 minutes, it's more like 25. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home