Sunday, April 03, 2005

My New Favorite Pastime...

... is having dinner with friends. Recently, we've gone out of our way to invite over our friends for dinner. Last Friday, Joe returned the favor, and Joe, Becky, Alan, Steve, Ei-Nyung and I had dinner at Joe's place. We hung out until after midnight, just talking and laughing and eating, and just having a fantastic time overall. Definitely something we have to do more often as a group. Later in the weekend, we got a gang together to have dinner and go see Sin City. We ended up feeding ... something like 10 people, then going to catch a fantastic movie - again, one of these things that started at 6ish, and went 'till close to 1.

No, it's not like partying until 5am, but frankly, I never really enjoyed partying 'till 5am anyway - I'd much rather sit around and just hang out with people, good food, and have a great time.

8 Comments:

Blogger eingy said...

That was some delicious pork that Joe made. I wish I could have hogged another piece. Yum.

11:42 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This kind of post is going to force me to move to SF.

10:24 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This kind of post is going to force me to move to SF.

11:38 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

ps. Blogger sucks lately.

11:38 AM  
Blogger casacaudill said...

Sorry we couldn't make it out with you guys Saturday. Remember the migraine I developed on Friday? Well, it kicked my ass all weekend and I just didn't think my whiny presence would amount to a very good time. Instead, we cooked the Alton Brown 40 cloves & a chicken and were astonished by (1) how easy it is and (2) how good it tasted. Served with asparagus and left over mashed potatoes and it was the perfect meal.

2:59 PM  
Blogger eingy said...

h: Awesome! Our nefarious plan is working. And Sin City rocked! And yeah about blogger.

c: That sucks the big one. And sounds tasty! We'll have to have a head-to-head America's Test Kitchen versus Alton Brown cook-off. Hee. I kid. I dare not challenge Ms. Stewart's protoge. *flees in fear*

6:14 PM  
Blogger eingy said...

We should mention that Lindsi's chicken was a big hit with the peeps on Saturday. :)

10:43 AM  
Blogger casacaudill said...

I feel that as of late, I have let Ms. Stewart down something fierce. While the flavor is okay, my presentation is sorely lacking.

11:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home