Tuesday, January 17, 2006

comfort foods for sick times

My childhood comfort foods (in particular, while I was sick) were:
  • kimchee jjigae (spicy kimchee stew)
  • dweji bulgogi (spicy pork)
  • rice porridge
  • miyuk gook (seaweed soup)
  • gom tang (ox tail soup)
It's weird how the food varies between extremely spicy and bland (thus easily digestible).

Nowadays, my easy go-to foods are
  • instant oatmeal
  • eggs (boiled, fried, etc)
  • instant miso soup
  • onigiri (rice balls with seaweed and usually some sort of filling)
The last one is due to the fact that two of the last four times I have been sick (or something like that), Seppo's mom has brought those over. Delicious.

What are your sick/comfort foods?

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

My stomach-sick foods are:
* applesauce
* toast
* ginger ale

My comfort foods are:
* chocolate, especially in baked goods
* savory breads
* who am I kidding? anything sweet.

10:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home